Home Staging Certification Course Offered at Las Positas University – Livermore, CA
Las Positas College is a community college located in Livermore, California, United States. Community Education at LPC has a commitment to provide new avenues for personal development, professional development, skill development, cultural enrichment, and recreational enjoyment for all community members. CSP® is now proudly partnered with Community Education at Las Positas College in offering our Home Staging Certification Program.
As a professional home stager, you’ll prepare property for resale by setting the scene throughout the house to create immediate buyer interest. Gain the foundation for starting a career or owning your own business in real estate property staging. The Certified Staging Professional® program is a blend of property staging processes, interior redesign techniques, along with business, marketing and communication for effectively staging a house for sale.
Becoming a CSP® staging consultant is an opportunity to be in your own business, without being by yourself. Through the CSP® training course you will gain the advanced knowledge and skills needed to succeed and excel in the home staging industry. We teach you the practical knowledge of staging, along with our highly developed concepts for making a house more desirable to buyers, plus the crucial business elements pertinent to your success.
You’ll learn how to target market and develop a business model specialized to your needs and goals. Through a combination of hands-on training and classroom breakout sessions in consulting, preparing bids, pricing, color, and staging occupied and vacant property, you’ll learn the nuances of this specialized industry. Plus, you’ll gain the business skills needed to establish administrative and management policies.
The CSP® program is intensive and comprehensive instruction in the steps and information necessary to become a successful real estate stager. The fee includes a 400+ page manual, on-site hands-on work experience in a property for sale, the Success of Marketing book & webinar, Certificate and lapel graduate pin, as well as a one year membership for CSP® brand licensing and a 1 year subscription to Staging Standard Magazine.
CSP® has a registered certification mark for successful completions of the following standards:
- Successful completion of 2 day in-classroom instruction,
- 1 day hands-on field experience,
- 75%+ or higher grade on exams (including practical assessment).
In addition the CSP® training continues after the certification portion of the program to include:
- 4 weeks of home study business start up–By downloading the workbooks found in the password protected CSP® Business Resource Centre, and completing the assigned tasks in Module 1 and 2, home stagers are encouraged to complete the step-by-step tasks to have their business up and running in 4 weeks. (Note: some stagers may take longer to complete this portion of the program; working at their own pace, within the confinements of their own schedule).
- Six+ webinars from the Marketing Advantage Program. MAP your way to staging business success through marketing and business webinars and live Q & A calls with Christine Rae personally and various marketing experts from her personal rolodex. You view the webinars from the Resource Centre and jump into the live calls as they are scheduled to get your personal questions answered. The idea is that you have support in attracting new clients and establishing your brand presence in your local marketplace from the beginning.
CSP® Home Staging Certification
- Furniture selection and placement
- Paint colors and wallpaper; when to change them; what to do if they can’t be changed
- Theory and psychology of color
- Odd spaces
- Sales and marketing
- The differences between staging and decorating
- Pricing and profit model
- Explanation and examples of consults and the bid process
- Staging vacant vs. occupied properties
- Working with furniture rental companies
- Review of scale and floor plans
- Use of greenery
- Working with realtors to aid them in the home selling process
- Buying inventory
- Business licensing, insurance, choosing a name for web site domain
- Building relationships with painters, carpet cleaners, handymen, etc.
- Developing contracts and forms
- Review of copyright laws for photos and web site copy
Who Should Attend: Current real estate stagers, decorators and designers, contractors, builders and home remodelers, professional organizers, furniture store personnel, entrepreneurs, career changers or individuals looking to start a business; home sellers.
The course includes the 400+ page CSP® Course Resource Manual, “Success of Marketing” Manual for Stagers, unique tools and business processes to help you secure business, four personal Web pages to profile your business, CSP® designation, CSP® certificate and lapel pin, and more!
Note: College credit is not offered for Community Education classes. Minimum enrollment is required for classes to start. Community Education is a self-supporting entity of LPC and is not funded by taxpayer dollars.
Is Staging Certification Necessary?
The home staging industry is unregulated and there is no “governing and regulating association”. Don’t let this alarm or dissuade you from pursing your dream. The Home Inspection industry is non- regulated also, in fact many industries are rooted in non-regulation. What it means is simply anyone can say they are a stager and anyone can provide a training course, online or in person………….. without ever having staged a home! Shocking isn’t it? We believe as a new business starting out you need as much ammunition and information as possible to position you as an expert instead of a newbie. Certification for a stager is as vital as a license is to a real estate agent.
- Renovations: A Necessary Part of Today’s Landscape
- Ask the expert – How good is necessary?
- Luxury Designation Restyle
- CCSP, Monique Shaw lead stylist at Homes Sold Beautifully, has been selected as an official Staging mentor for Calgary Alberta
- Industry leader Christine Rae is coming to Mississauga to teach a 3-day Certified Staging Professionals Course! 9/18/18!
I don’t know where to start. It was a fantastic class; it was such a pleasure to meet Christine and Lynelle…It was a lot of information in 3 days! I am happy and thrilled that I took this class – Thanks to everbody for their help!!
Mira B.Mississauga, ON
The first house I staged sold over asking last night!! Put on the market at $339K and sold 9 days later for 400K! The happiness I feel is so indescribable!! I just want to thank you so much for BEING CHRISTINE RAE! I don’t think I could ever have done this without your guidance and amazing program! CAN’T WAIT FOR MORE PROJECTS! The real estate agent wants to work with me too !! WOOHOO!
Yesterday I was listening to and reviewing some of the information from the “FastTrack Business Package”, it occurred to me how much thought went into putting this package together. I felt I needed to say Thank You to you and your Team. All the information taught in the class and provided in this package has given me the confidence I need to start this new chapter in my life.
Cynthia DelveCCSP Victoria, BC