Residential Renovation Project Manager
The one-day course (divided into two-3 hour sessions) is designed for designers, decorators and home stagers who want to offer project management to their clients or for homeowners who are planning a renovation and understand knowledge is power.
The course provides tools for the:
- Decision process; the truth of living through a renovation and determining is it best for family dynamics while evaluating the Return On Investment (ROI).
- Assessing the condition of the property.
- Importance of creating a functional design
- combined with planning and more planning.
- Budgeting and how to calculate ‘overages’.
- The role of the trades involved in creating a successful renovation from; design & build contractors, architects, engineers, designers, city officials, electricians, plumbers, flooring, kitchen fabricators and suppliers, interior decorators, lightning, audio and security specialists to name a few.
- How to evaluate contractors and trades for your renovation.
- Understand the clauses of contract documents, including adherence to building codes, demolition and building permits combined with approval from city and municipal bylaws; a sample contract is provided.
- Payment progress schedules.
- Managing dispute resolution.
- Product evaluation and selection ……. and much more
(To save the file, right click on the link and select Save Target or Save As)
If Windows Media Player or your Media player of choice is having problems playing a video you may need the correct codec.
Click here to download the gotomeeting video codec.
Type of Course: WEBINAR/ONLINE COURSE
Duration: 2 Sessions at 3 Hours Each
Fee: CSP Members – $449, Non CSP Members – $499
Earn Four CE credits for the CSP International™ Masters of Real Estate Staging and the Residential Renovation Project Manager Designation
Deb Boucher owner and course designer of DB Interiors shares her knowledge and experience in managing home and commercial renovations.
Deb’s exposure to design, selecting products, trade professionals and project management began early in her professional career managing the design, fabrication, shipping and project managing the construction of trade show booths used throughout North America and Europe.
It was an easy transition to take those skills and apply it to home renovations; as a professional interior decorator, home stager, color consultant, entrepreneur and instructor she is passionate and enthusiastic.
As an animal lover her little Yorkshire Terriers, “Molly and Doug” are never far from her side.