Five Reasons Now is the Time to Start Your Home Staging Business
You have an eye for home decor and style, love helping people and are addicted to HGTV ! If you have been looking for an opportunity to turn these passions into a profitable business, home staging is the solution. The purpose of home staging is simple—to get the property sold! The goal is to make each property as appealing and welcoming as possible… so that it sells rapidly and for the maximum price possible. Doing this successfully, however, requires a unique skill set that combines an eye for design, style, home décor, and real estate. If you fit the bill and are serious about creating a profitable, recession proof business, now is a great time to begin. Here are five reasons why:
1) Home stagers are in high demand. With the current state of the housing market, sellers are having a difficult time selling without drastically cutting their asking price. Obviously, no homeowner wants to sell their home for less money—so, as a result, sellers are turning to home stagers to provide the solution.
2) Starting a home staging business requires relatively little overhead. At its simplest, home staging requires an individual with a great eye, drive, ambition and the contacts necessary to make a property look great. While having capital to invest is a sizeable advantage, it’s not required. Many successful home stagers started out with low capital investment and working from their home—and some of them still do! If you’re looking for a business idea that is recession proof and doesn’t require a massive startup cost, home staging may be the answer!
3) In today’s world, independence and self-reliance is more valuable than ever. In the “good old days”, individuals worked for companies for decades and decades. They had a steady income and good job security. Nowadays, unfortunately, that type of security is hard to come by. Layoffs are common in seemingly every industry, from finance to auto manufacturers, and just about everything in between. As an independent business owner, you partner with real estate professionals, sellers, builders and investors. Piloting your income stream is a great feeling, trust me!
4) The need for home staging won’t disappear. A great question to ask yourself, before starting any business, is “will the demand dry up in the future?” The answer for home stagers is clearly no! As long as there are homes to be sold, staging will remain a valuable tactic for every seller regardless of the market.
5) With the right strategic approach, the opportunity exists to earn a six+-figure income. I’ve personally coached countless home staging professionals, many were just getting into the business, but also some who had been struggling; It takes the right approach, processes and pricing—if you’d like to learn more, join me on a free webinar see details on this website or call us!
The process of starting a business can be intimidating, but I’m available to help you every step of the way. There is no better time than right now to take the plunge if you are interested in starting a home staging business. Contact me today to learn more!