The weather is starting to thaw for many of us, and flowers are blooming all around. Spring is here—and for home stagers, of course, that means it’s time to move on to spring décor. Not sure where to begin? Below are several ideas to help you get started:
1) Open up your home. Nothing gives a house a fresh spring feel like open windows and fresh air. Even if you can’t keep the windows open all of time, opening them up for a day or two will get rid of the musty winter air. Sellers where possible, keep the windows open whenever the house is being shown.
2) Change bedding and pillows. Winter bedding is typically heavy and dark. As the weather warms and the flowers bloom, replace winter bedding with lighter, brighter bedding. White is the color of choice for staging. Work is happier when you are happier so treat yourself to high thread count for that feel of luxury
3) Utilize flowers. This doesn’t have to be expensive—most market gardens have spring bouquets for under $15. Place them in reflective glass vases to add an instant spring feeling to your home.
4) Feature pastel-colored throw pillows. Bright, floral colors are perfect for spring—and throw pillows are the perfect opportunity to introduce these hints of color to a home. Whether it’s on a couch, chair, bed, or art—get creative and find a way to spread spring cheer.
5) Brighten up the bathrooms. Add some spring to bathrooms by accenting white towels with colors like lavender, lilac, or pink. This will give your bathroom a light, cheerful, spring feel.
Spring is an exciting season, particularly for those of us in the northern United States and Canada. Home buyers are surrounded by the sights and smells of the season, and it’s important that they experience a spring vibe when they enter a home that you have staged. If you’d like to learn more about staging strategies for this spring, or home staging in general, please give us a call today!