Choosing and Using
Painting 101 will start you at the very beginning taking away stress, keep you on task and help make any project fun.
You have seen people re-purposing accessories and furniture on social media and now you think you have found a project, now what? Should you use flat paint or enamel? Maybe stain it or acrylics or maybe something fun like chalk paint?!? This 90 min. online learning course will put fun into getting expert advice for choosing the right paint product for your project.
Following a process takes away stress, keeps you on task and just plain makes any project fun that’s why Painting 101 will start you at the very beginning. Join Christine Rae and her special guest Lynelle Hartman, re-user, renovator, painter, up-cycler, stager, stylist, color consultant and educator extraordinaire as she discusses what products are available, how to choose the right one for your project and what tools are needed to make the project easier and give you the best results. The class will be filled with real life examples, some shortcuts, tips and tricks for making the job fun and easy. We will teach you steps in surface preparation, paint application and how to obtain optimum performance from a variety of products. The right tools make every job easier and even the best ways to use sanding tools, paint brushes, foam brushes/rollers and staining rags.
Participants will learn:
- How to choose the right product for your project
- Simple repairs: “Can this piece be saved?”
- Step by step prep and application process.
- How to your give new life to your accessories
- Projects include large pieces and small impact pieces
- Uses for a variety of paints and stains including; oil, latex, chalk, chalkboard, lacquer, artist acrylics, spray paint and specialty mixes
- Secrets and special effects like Martha Stewart’s Ebonizing Finish
Lynelle loves to learn and share from her own experience and wholeheartedly believes we can all create beautiful pieces and spaces. This webinar is full of great info you will not want to miss this one!!