Staging for Millennial Buyers
60% of first time buyers are Millennials;
young adults aged 35 and under.
That means staging is a must for sellers who want their properties to appeal to this huge buyer pool. For stagers it means understanding what those young buyers are looking for and staging the lifestyle they aspire to have.
As is the case with any social group, Millennials not only have challenges but also many assets as they are joining the work force in large numbers. A new household also means two incomes however most have maxed their savings to afford the dream house mortgage. More often than not, they don’t have the monthly cash flow to make changes once they have moved in; they don’t have the skills to do the work and they are not motivated to learn them.
Which means Sellers of residential property need to up the game to be considered buyable for the “turn-key” millennial.
Stagers need to know the wants, needs, desires, and buying preferences of these young men and women, in order to make solid recommendations
to the seller if they want to get top dollar for their property.
Participants will learn:
- As buyers, what are Millennials’ values, career goals, leisure/lifestyle aspirations?
- What are the most desired features of property that best reflects a Millennial’s ideal lifestyle?
- What major features do they view as assets in selecting a property to purchase?
- What major features do they view as detriments in buying a property?
- What about Mom and Dad? And their influences?
- Many Millennials are taking advantage of their parents’ generosity in providing down payments. How will this affect how property is staged?
- With this knowledge in hand, how can we help sellers take their older family homes and transform them into a Millennial’s dream property?