Home Staging Certification Course Offered at Purchase College, SUNY- Purchase, NY
Purchase College, State University of New York, is located in Purchase, New York, United States. It is one of 13 comprehensive colleges in the State University of New York (SUNY) system. Founded by Governor Nelson Rockefeller in 1967 as the cultural gem of the SUNY system, Purchase College is now included in the Princeton Review's Best 371 Colleges(2010). Certified Staging Professionals® is proud to partner with Purchase College to offer an intensive, comprehensive staging certification program taught through hands-on interaction, group exercises, role play, and in-depth practical application of work samples geared to prepare the participants to enter the staging industry with the confidence and experience necessary to succeed.
As a professional home stager, you’ll prepare property for resale by setting the scene throughout the house to create immediate buyer interest. Gain the foundation for starting a career or owning your own business in real estate property staging. The Certified Staging Professional® program is a blend of property staging processes, interior redesign techniques, along with business, marketing and communication for effectively staging a house for sale.
Becoming a CSP® staging consultant is an opportunity to be in your own business, without being by yourself. Through the CSP® training course you will gain the advanced knowledge and skills needed to succeed and excel in the home staging industry. We teach you the practical knowledge of staging, along with our highly developed concepts for making a house more desirable to buyers, plus the crucial business elements pertinent to your success.
You’ll learn how to target market and develop a business model specialized to your needs and goals. Through a combination of hands-on training and classroom breakout sessions in consulting, preparing bids, pricing, color, and staging occupied and vacant property, you’ll learn the nuances of this specialized industry. Plus, you’ll gain the business skills needed to establish administrative and management policies.
The CSP® program is intensive and comprehensive instruction in the steps and information necessary to become a successful real estate stager. The fee includes a 400+ page manual, on-site hands-on work experience in a property for sale, the Success of Marketing book & webinar, Certificate and lapel graduate pin, as well as a one year membership for CSP® brand licensing and a 1 year subscription to Staging Standard Magazine.
CSP®, accredited by the Real Estate Staging Association, gives you registered certification for successful completions of the following standards:
- Successful completion of 2-day in-person classroom instruction,
- 1 day hands-on field experience,
- 75%+ or higher grade on proficiency exams (including practical assessment).
Then, your education continues after the intensive training as follows:
- Four weeks of home study re: business start-up. By downloading the workbooks found in the password-protected CSP® Resource Centre, and completing the assigned tasks in Module 1 and 2, new stagers are encouraged to complete the step-by-step tasks to have their business up and running quickly and easily. (Note: you will determine your pace based on your schedule, so results will vary.)
- Six+ webinars from the Marketing Advantage Program. MAP your way to staging business success through marketing and business webinars and live Q & A calls with Christine Rae personally and various marketing experts from her personal rolodex. You view the webinars from the Resource Centre and jump into the live calls as they are scheduled to get your personal questions answered. The idea is that you have support in attracting new clients and establishing your brand presence in your local marketplace from the beginning.
CSP® Home Staging CertificationTopics Include:
- Furniture selection and placement
- Paint colors and wallpaper; when to change them; what to do if they can’t be changed
- Theory and psychology of color
- Odd spaces
- Sales and marketing
- The differences between staging and decorating
- Pricing and profit model
- Explanation and examples of consults and the bid process
- Staging vacant vs. occupied properties
- Working with furniture rental companies
- Review of scale and floor plans
- Use of greenery
- Working with realtors to aid them in the home selling process
- Buying inventory
- Business licensing, insurance, choosing a name for web site domain
- Building relationships with painters, carpet cleaners, handymen, etc.
- Developing contracts and forms
- Review of copyright laws for photos and web site copy
Who Should Attend: Current real estate stagers, decorators and designers, contractors, builders and home remodelers, professional organizers, furniture store personnel, entrepreneurs, career changers or individuals looking to start a business; home sellers.
The course includes the 400+ page CSP® Course Resource Manual, “Success of Marketing” Manual for Stagers, unique tools and business processes to help you secure business, four personal Web pages to profile your business, CSP® designation, CSP® certificate and lapel pin, and more!
Fee: $2299 (includes one year CSP® membership*)